Dekalog – The Decalogue
Dec. 10, 1989
Ο Kieslowski καταφέρνει μέσα από την ολικότητα του Δεκαλόγου να θίξει μια μεγάλη γκάμα κοινωνικών, φιλοσοφικών και ηθικών ζητημάτων που έχουν άμεση σχέση με την καθημερινότητα του σύγχρονου ανθρώπου.
The Decalogue is a 1989 Polish television drama series directed by Krzysztof Kieślowski and co-written by Kieślowski with Krzysztof Piesiewicz, with music by Zbigniew Preisner. It consists of ten one-hour films, inspired by the Ten Commandments. Each short film explores one or several moral or ethical issues faced by characters living in modern Poland.
The series is Kieślowski’s most acclaimed work, has been said to be “the best dramatic work ever done specifically for television” and has won numerous international awards, though it was not widely released outside Europe until the late 1990s. Film-maker Stanley Kubrick wrote an admiring foreword to the published screen-play in 1991.
First air dateDec. 10, 1989
Last air dateJun. 20, 1989
Seasons and episodes
1Season 1 Dec. 10, 1989
- 1 - 1I Am the Lord Thy GodDec. 10, 1989
- 1 - 2Dekalog, dwaMay. 11, 1990
- 1 - 3Dekalog, trzyMay. 18, 1990
- 1 - 4Decalogue Four: Honor Thy Father and Thy MotherMay. 25, 1990
- 1 - 5Decalogue Five: Thou Shalt Not KillJun. 01, 1990
- 1 - 6Decalogue Six: Thou Shalt Not Commit AdulteryJun. 08, 1990
- 1 - 7Episode 7Jan. 01, 1988
- 1 - 8Decalogue Eight: Thou Shalt Not Bear False WitnessMar. 22, 1989
- 1 - 9
- 1 - 10